WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE SELECTING, BUYING AND COOKING MEAT!
• Eat better quality meat, but eat less of it
• Eat the whole animal
• And, eat more wild animals
Meat: The Ultimate Companion is not just a cookbook. It is designed to walk you through the topic of meat from the eyes of the farmer, the butcher, and the best cooks; helping you with the questions you might want to ask before you buy your meat.
Recipes for the hardcore carnivore: Over 110 recipes showcase the major cuts and draw on cuisines and chefs from around the world. Lavishly photographed and illustrated, it is sure to become a modern classic and a requirement for every kitchen.
The butchering art: Carefully curated by Anthony Puharich, legendary butcher and supplier to Australia’s leading restaurants, together with accomplished food writer Libby Travers, this comprehensive and ambitious book covers:
• The history of every major animal we raise for meat
• International breed maps
• Cut diagrams and descriptions
• And, illustrated butchery techniques and expert tips on selecting, storing and cooking all kinds of meat.
Images and recipes from Meat Anthony Puharich and Libby Travers. Photography by Alan Benson (with exception of images pages 6 & 11, which are by Paul Gosney), Murdoch Books, RRP $79.99