This is one of those never-fail crowd-pleaser dishes. If you’re looking to impress your guests, try these super-tasty tacos—they’re perfect for any occasion.
YIELD: 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 1 (1-pound/455 g) salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juiced and 1 cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seed removed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups (350 g) chopped ripe mango
- Pico de Gallo (page 23 – see below)
- 8 corn tortillas, store-bought or homemade, warmed
- 1 cup (55 g) chopped butter lettuce
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the salmon pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and the zest and juice of 1 lime. Sprinkle as much jalapeño over the fish as desired for your preferred heat level, and then sprinkle with the coarse salt as well.
Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon, until it flakes easily with a fork. Transfer the salmon to a plate and give it a rough chop into smaller pieces.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the chopped mango and pico de gallo.
To assemble the tacos, place a bed of butter lettuce on each tortilla and top with some salmon, mango pico de gallo, and avocado slices. Serve with additional lime wedges.
PICO DE GALLO
This homemade chunky fresh salsa is the perfect companion to any taco. Or salad, or fried eggs, or seafood … okay, it’s perfect on almost everything!
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
- 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (8 g) chopped fresh cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and garlic. Add the lime juice and salt and stir to combine. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to use.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The Taco Tuesday Cookbook © 2018 Quarto Publishing Group USA Inc. Text © 2018 Laura Fuentes.