Chia seeds are a wonderfully versatile food. They work well as an egg replacement and are packed full of protein, too. Prepare the night before, then top with berries and nuts for a morning treat.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (if protein powder isn’t sweetened, add 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or raw honey)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao
- ½ 95g (3oz) can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt
- 1 handful berries, such as strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts (optional)
Combine chai seeds, protein powder, peanut butter, cacao and coconut cream in a glass bowl and stir well. The consistency will quickly become paste-like. Cover or transfer to a glass jar.
Place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or overnight to allow the chia to swell.
Top with yogurt, berries and nuts.
Recipe from Beautiful You by Nat Kringoudis, published by Harper Collins RRP $35.00