Cook Time 10 minutes | Serves 6-8
Rooibos tea or red tea is a herbal beverage, acquired from a shrub found in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. The antioxidant-rich and caffeine free Rooibos tea can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- 1.5 litres Rooibos tea
- 60ml honey
- 1.5 litres boiling water
- 500ml ice blocks, crushed
- 2 lemons, sliced and pips removed
- 250g strawberries, halved or sliced
- 125g fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 125g pomegranate rubiesTo make the tea, place 3 Rooibos tea bags and honey in a large jug and pour in 1.5 litres of boiling water.Stir and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and place in the fridge until chilled, ready to use.Place the crushed ice in 1 or 2 large jugs, and add the lemons, strawberries, cherries and pomegranate rubies. Pour in the chilled Rooibos tea and serve immediately.
Recipe from Siba’s Mtongana, Welcome to my Table.
Available in AUS and the UK soon!