PREPARATION 15 minutes, plus resting time
COOKING 10 minutes
- 350 g lamb backstrap, all visible fat removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- olive oil spray, for cooking
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 gluten-free or rice wraps
- 1⁄3 cup (90 g) Smashed Broad Bean, Feta and Mint Dip (see page 76)
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley or mint leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber shaved
- 4 Roma tomatoes, thinly slicedPat the lamb dry with paper towel, then sprinkle with both types of paprika and season with freshly ground black pepper, rubbing them in to coat the lamb evenly.
Heat a chargrill pan or heavy-based frying pan over medium–high heat, then spray the lamb with olive oil.
Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side for medium–rare or continue until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes, then cut into slices and squeeze with lemon juice.
Spread each wrap with one-quarter of the broad bean dip, then top with one-quarter of the lamb, rocket, parsley or mint, cucumber and tomato. Roll up to enclose the filling and serve immediately.
The CSIRO Healthy Gut Diet by Dr Tony Bird, Dr Michael Conlon and Pennie Taylor. Available now, Macmillan Australia, RRP $34.99.