- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) turkey mince
- salt and pepper
- 1 corn cob, boiled, steamed or chargrilled
- 95 g (½cup) pre-cooked brown rice (or 150 g/½cup chia seeds)
- 1 green apple, skin on, cored and diced
- 25 g (½cup) baby spinach leaves
- 1 spring onion (scallion), sliced
- 2 parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the turkey mince until brown. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside to cool slightly.
Cut the chargrilled kernels off the corn cob and add to a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix lightly to combine. Add the cooled turkey mince and toss gently.
Garnish with lime wedges
and serve immediately.
Recipe and images from Fit Mama by Belinda Norton, published by Murdoch Books RRP $29.99