Makes 1 Loaf
- 5 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 egg
- 180 g (1¾cups) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 10 pecans (or other nuts)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup, for drizzling natural yoghurt, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
Grease and line a 17 x 26 cm (6½
x 10½in) loaf (bar) tin.
Combine the banana and egg in a bowl and mash with a fork.
Add the almond meal, cinnamon and coconut oil and mix well. Pour
the mixture into the prepared tin.
Top with the almonds, pecans, sesame seeds and coconut, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
Drizzle with rice malt syrup and serve with thick natural yoghurt on the side.
REcipe and image from Fit Mama by Belinda Norton, published by Murdoch Books RRP $29.99