RSF // 2345 K J/561 CAL PER SERVE
- 6–8 chat potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 2 x 150 g (5½ oz) skirt steaks or flank
- 4 tablespoons Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves, plus extra sprigs, to serve
pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
Toss the potato and carrot in the olive oil and half the seasoning and spread out on a baking tray, leaving room for the steak.
Press the remaining seasoning onto the steaks, making sure to coat both sides, then place on the baking tray with the veggies. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove the steak, transfer to a plate and set aside in a warm place to rest. Return the tray to the oven and bake the veggies for a further 4–5 minutes until cooked through.
While the steak and veggies are in the oven, mix together the yoghurt, lime zest and juice, mint and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Before serving, thickly slice the steak and serve with the veggies and lime mint yoghurt dressing, garnished with sprigs of mint.
‘Images and recipes from Super Green Super Easy by Sally Obermeder and Maha Corbett (Allen & Unwin, RRP $24.99) Photography by Rob Palmer.’