RSF // 3190 K J/763 CAL PER SERVE
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 120 g (41/4 oz) salmon fillets, skin on, pin-boned
- pink salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely dice
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 165 g (5¾ oz/3/4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes (from a jar), drained and chopped
- 110 g (3¾ oz/½ cup) roasted
- red capsicum (pepper) (from a jar), drained and chopped
- 245 g (9 oz/1 cup) light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium–high heat. Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear, skin side up first, in the hot pan for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking (we like ours just opaque). Remove from the pan and set aside.
Melt the butter in the same pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry, stirring frequently, until light golden
Add the sun-dried tomatoes and roasted capsicum to the pan and fry for 2–3 minutes to release their flavours. Reduce the heat to low.
In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream and cornflour until smooth. Add to the pan, stirring well until the sauce has thickened.
Return the salmon to the pan, sprinkle on the parsley and spoon the sauce over each fillet. Great with steamed rice.
‘Images and recipes from Super Green Super Easy by Sally Obermeder and Maha Corbett (Allen & Unwin, RRP $24.99) Photography by Rob Palmer.’