V VE GF DF EF NF
- 300g sweet potato, cut into 1⁄2-1cm rounds
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 400g firm tofu, cut into 3cm cube
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 red onion, 3⁄4 cut into quarters & 1⁄4 finely diced
- 3 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1⁄2 continental cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- Juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
- 1⁄4 bunch parsley chopped (optional)
Preheat a BBQ or grill pan over medium heat.
Place sweet potato and 1⁄2 tsp of salt in a medium saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Brush tofu with oil, rub with paprika, salt and pepper.
Thread sweet potato, tofu and onion pieces onto four skewers and brush with sweet chilli sauce.
Cook skewers until vegetables and tofu are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes each side.
Meanwhile, toss diced onion, cucumber, tomato, lemon juice and parsley (if using) together in a medium bowl.
Divide skewers and salsa between two plates to serve.
Recipe extracted from TIFFXO by Tiffiny Hall